terça-feira, 12 de outubro de 2010

English in My Life

I’ve been learning English since the fifth grade and I’ll continue learning it as long as I can.
No one should stop learning this Germanic language because since the 16th century its importance has been increasing. English is everywhere: on TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, leaflets, on the street, and so on. If you like to travel English is the easiest way to communicate, or if you are looking for a job, to speak English is, usually, a requirement.
When I started to learn this language at school I already had the basic skills because I was used to listening to English over and over again on TV. In order to improve my English I am used to watching movies without subtitles, attention to song lyrics, reading an English book like the one that I’m reading at the moment: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, or even speaking English with my friends. We don’t speak this foreign language on purpose; it comes out so naturally like our mother language.
I enjoy English so much that I want to be a translator; I want to be connected to it eternally. For me, English is not just a language; it’s a way of life, it’s my way to see the world. English was, is and will always be my past, present and future.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário